A few weeks ago we sent out a bulk email with a transportation survey attached. 724 of you gave us responses and our Student Services committee has taken the data to Harrisonburg Transit to make the changes YOU want. Take a look at some of the numbers and the conclusions we drew from them. Feel free to comment if you have a question, or feel as though something has been left out.
Statistics and Analysis
- The majority of respondents believed their experience with the bus system to be “positive”, with 65% of respondents having a good experience with JMU public transportation.
- Most JMU respondents reiterated a heavy reliance on the bus system, up to 41% of respondents stated that they took the bus up to 4 times a week.
- When asked about buses being late, there was an overwhelming majority that said their bus is late “2-5 times a week”, with 54% of the sample population.
- Some respondents also reiterated that the bus was “never” late, rounding out with almost 10% of the sample.
- The most frequently used routes were both ICS routes followed by Convo express.
- Many students were quick to recommend more routes in general, especially ICS, which is in great demand with the student body.
So while that was a lot of numbers, there is also a lot of great information in there. If you want constant updates, follow @JMUstuds on Twitter!