Everyone knows that JMU has the best students in Virginia, possibly the country, who are we kidding. So, in order to honor the best of the best seniors, we put the vote up to you the students! Check out their Facebook event pages (click on their name to get there) to learn a little more about them and why they deserve the honor of Mr. or Ms. Madison! You can also get to the overall event page here.
You can also come out and see them EMCEE at the Pep Rally on Friday September 30th.
In order to vote, head over to our official website and click on the VOTE button starting Thursday September 29th at 7am and ending at 7pm. You will be directed to Be Involved, where you can make a profile and then place your vote. Don’t know how to make a profile? Check out our blog post from Fall Minor Elections. Then, see if who you voted for wins!
Each candidate answered the four following questions:
1) Student Ambassadors
2) I am the Coordinator for Pay it Forward at JMU, Membership Development VP of Delta Sigma Phi Fraternity, Madison Society member and Club Swimming
3) I love JMU because of the people. It is as simple as a smile on the quad to a three hour lunch date that make my JMU experience. The people I have met here have inspired me so much to challenge myself and make myself a better person. I couldn’t ask for anything more from a university.
4) The most important thing is just to vote. Vote for who you think embodies JMU based on the descriptions. Each nominee is a giving member to the community so just choose the one you can relate to or see JMU within.
1) Air Force ROTC
2) – Freshman and Sophomore Class President
– Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity
– Assistant Greek Coordinator (AGC)
3) Life is like a puzzle; each choice one makes affects the final picture. One must make choices every day and these decisions determine where one will be tomorrow. Each piece attempts to figure out life and testing new methods of solving the life puzzle. I not make all the right choices, but I made the best one I could have by being a part of JMU.This single decision has led me to find myself and will continue to help me in the future when I pursue my life goals. Simply put, JMU is one of my corner pieces to life without which my frame could not be established.
4) This award is given to the person who best represents JMU and the mission that the university sets out to accomplish. Every one of the candidates, I believe, has the attributes that JMU sets out for its students. I can only set myself aside by sharing my personal enthusiasm for my school. I have been involved from the get go and have tried to make an impact on the campus through the organizations I am involved. This can be seen through Air Force ROTC finally being recognized as a student org on campus!
1) I was nominated by Divine Unity, one of the non-denominational Christian orgs on campus.
2) I am a member of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity Inc., A multicultural Attache in Eagle Hall, and last but not least a JMU Varsity Cheerleader.
3) I LOVE JMU because this is my home, not my home away from home, but my HOME. The culture here is one that I want my life to reflect. It’s positive, friendly and encouraging. I think what I love most about JMU is the people that are a part of the community and their love for mankind.
4) I think people should vote for me only if they feel I am a good representation of what it means to be a DUKE. I love this school and everything it stands for; and I will continue to PURPLE OUT at every chance that I get.